Sunday, June 15, 2008

Your Biggest Influence

“I find myself saying it all the time. When people hear it they laugh, but actually I’m being quite serious when I say it. Here it is. No one is more influential in your life than you are because no one talks to you more than you do. You’re in an unending conversation with yourself. You’re talking to yourself all the time, interpreting, organizing, and analyzing what’s going on inside you and around you.”

Paul Trip
From his blog:
http://paultrippministries.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anthony C. said...

I don't get why people laugh at Paul for saying such a thing. When I read it I thought he was one the mark. That's one of the reasons fellowship and accountability are so important, to keep ourselves from tricking ourselves because we have the most influence on ourself.

jef soli said...

Yeah, the heart is deceitful above all things. God is so patient.